Monday, August 4, 2008

Visit to Pediatric Clinic at the University of Maryland

1. I asked an attendant in a paid parking lot (before I decided to leave my car there and pay the $15) how far away the University of Maryland hospital was. He said it was just one or two blocks away. Thinking this was a good place to park, despite the fee, I left my car with him. He was right. The hospital was just a block away, but so was the hospital's parking garage. The covered parking that only cost 6 bucks. I guess the guy needs to make a living, but sheesh.

2. Two children were playing inside a large plastic kids gym in the waiting room of the pediatric clinic. I heard a slapping noise and then one of the children started to cry. The mom of the crying child rushed over and told the other child that he shouldn't hit. The mom of the offending child pulled him out of the toy by the arm, yelled, "What do you think you're doing? You do not hit!" Then proceeded to spank him.

3. The security guard in the main entrance of the hospital told me my baby girl was "just beautiful." After I thanked her and started to turn to go to our appointment, she continued, "My little niece is beautiful, too. She has eyes the size of Manhattan! I went with my sister to a casting call to get her into a commercial, but they didn't pick her. She did get a coupon for diapers, though.

Can you tell the tale? Highlight the answer below:

#3 - Never happened.

No comments: