Sunday, August 3, 2008

Grocery Shopping

1. I was happy to hear the total for my week's worth of groceries came to under $100, and I shop in Washington, D.C.!

2. While in the produce section, a lady wearing an earbud stuck a tomato under my nose and asked me if it smelled "off."

3. A very old man, prudently wearing an assortment of reflective gear in broad daylight, packed his groceries into a wire basket on a pretty sweet-looking motorcycle.

4. Standing behind me in the checkout line, a man had to defend his food choices for his obviously well-educated five-year-oldish son.

Son (loudly): "Dad, we're not supposed to get ice cream. Mom says we can't."

Father (He's obviously annoyed): "It's okay."

"No. It's not healthy. It's junk food."

"Sh! It's fine."

All but one of these events actually occurred. Can you spot the not? Use your cursor to highlight the falsehood below:

#2 - Never happened.

1 comment:

Melanni said...

Ha ha! I'm glad that number 4 wasn't the lie(0: That Dad and son conversation made me laugh. I love it when our kids catch us doing things we probably shouldn't do(0: