Monday, August 4, 2008

Rattlesnakes, Frogs, Tarantulas, and Centipedes

1. Three weeks ago my son and I were sitting in the back yard when we heard a rattling sound coming from behind our shed. I thought it might be a cicada bug, but wasn't sure since the rattle was getting pretty loud. I peeked behind the shed but didn't want to move flower pots, etc. out of the way to see what it was, so I rushed my son inside. Later that day we listened to a cicada and then to a rattlesnake on YouTube and it was DEFINATELY a rattlesnake that we heard.

2. My sister is learning to drive and I took her to an empty parking lot by the elementary school to practice. She was doing really well and then she noticed a great big stone right in the middle of the road. Upon closer inspection we realized it was a giant frog! One week later we were practicing driving again and there was that giant frog again only on the opposite end of the parking lot.

3. We found a tarantula in our garage two summers ago. My husband let my son pet the tarantula and then they coaxed it onto a stick and walked it about half a mile away to a not-so-populated area.

4. Last summer I got up early in the morning to get ready for church. I was still in pajamas in my bathroom, brushing my teeth when I felt something tickling my leg. There was a giant centipede trying to climb up my pajama pants and I ran screaming out of the bathroom and jumped on my husband who was still asleep in bed.

Which event never happened? Highlight the answer below:


Number 4 is the lie!

3 comments:

Honest Jane said...

You guys have way too many critters out there! You got me. I thought number three was the lie. :)

Riannon said...

I wish number 3 had been the lie; tarantulas gross me out! If I had found one in my garage it would be roadkill right now (no petting the nasty thing!). Yes I am slightly phobic on this subject.

Melanni said...

Although the centipede lie (#4) never happened to me, it actually did happen to my friend, Anna. Only she was getting ready to go to the temple, not to church.